Brett Jackson was born and raised in Aberdeen. In the 1990s he studied for a BSc at the University of Aberdeen before taking a Postgraduate Diploma in Management at The Robert Gordon University Business School.
Brett has enjoyed 20 years in media, beginning with his student job at WHSmith. Since graduating, he has enjoyed an extensive career working in television, regional press and magazines.
He spent 4 years at Aberdeen Journals working on the Press and Journal, Evening Express and Aberdeen Citizen as well as online platforms and specialist publications, and was involved with the launch of the popular Energy supplement in March 2003 whilst he was business manager.
In 2004 Brett accepted a promotion with Northcliffe Newspapers - the regional arm of the Daily Mail - to work in Bristol on the Bristol Evening Post, Western Daily Press, Observer series and specialist publications, as well as Metro's launch in the Southwest.
Subsequently, Brett became group manager of the Glasgow Herald and Times Magazine division in 2006.
He returned to Aberdeen in 2007 to set up Granite PR.
Brett is also an active member of Aberdeen & Grampian Chamber of Commerce, a mentor for the Scottish Chambers of Commerce and nextbusiness, an introducer at Aberdeen Business Network and a member of Bon Accord Rotary.
- Aberdeen Journals Manager of the Year
- Best Commercial Feature of the Year
- Aberdeen Journals Team of the Year
- Northcliffe Newspapers Manager of the Year
- Northcliffe Team of the Year
- Northcliffe Newspapers Best Property Supplement
- Northcliffe Newspapers Best Sponsorship Deal with easyJet
- Newspaper Society Highly Commended award for the creation of Hot Stuff, the Overseas Property Show/Supplement
- Newspaper Society Highly Commended award for the Moving Game Show/Supplement, a first-time buyer's guide and event
- PPA Scottish Best Business Magazine award for Scottish Farmer
- PPA Scottish Best New Magazine award for Success Magazine
- BNI Member of the Year in North Scotland
- Aberdeen Business Network Networking Hall of Fame award